Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve
the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site
without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is
unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
If at any time you choose, or you are provided with, a user
identification code, password or any other piece of information as part
of our security procedures, you must treat such information as
confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have
the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether
chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to
have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all
persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware
of these terms, and that they comply with them.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any
material which does not comply with our content standards which are set
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or
unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of
similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that
contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers,
spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code
designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in
contravention of the provisions of our Terms of Website Use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights
in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are
protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such
rights are reserved.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial
purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
You may not reproduce in any format (including on another website) any
part of our site (including content, images, designs, look and feel)
without our prior written consent.
If you print off, reproduce, copy or download any part of our site in
immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of
the materials you have made.
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to
amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore
disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance
placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who
may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at
any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or
close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of
date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such
The material displayed on our site is provided without any
guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent
permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or
damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection
with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any
websites linked to it and any materials posted on it (whether by us or a
third party), including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and
whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or
otherwise, even if foreseeable.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury
arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent
misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor
any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable
Information about you and your visits to our site
Uploading material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload material
to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must
comply with the content standards set out below. You warrant that any
such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us
for any breach of that warranty.
Any material you upload to our site will be considered
non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use,
copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any
purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third
party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our
site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or
of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the
content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on our
site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the content
standards set out below.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses,
trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or
technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised
access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any
server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack
our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence
under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to
the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with
those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of
such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed
denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful
material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs,
data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to
your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you have obtained our prior
written consent and provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal
and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not
establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association,
approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a
link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the
right to withdraw linking permission without notice. The website from
which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content
standards set out below.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to support
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided
by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We
have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and
accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may
arise from your use of them.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- Allowing users to comment on blog post and submit articles to the site.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear
information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated
and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in
particular, for children) from third parties when they use any
interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each
case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service
(including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any
interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude
our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any
interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards,
whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to
the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit
their children to use an interactive service that it is important that
they communicate with their children about their safety online, as
moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive
service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide
you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as
the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as
well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach
of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of our site. When a
breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem
Failure to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy constitutes a
material breach of the Terms of Website Use upon which you are permitted
to use our site, and may result in our taking all or any of the
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an
indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable
administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude all liability for our actions taken in response to
breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy. The responses described in this
policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably
Jurisdiction and applicable law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including
non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed
in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of
any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions
notices published elsewhere on our site.
Policy Updated: 23rd May 2018